Slippers Extended Provision takes the safety of all its children and families very seriously. Our policies are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure we fulfil all the Ofsted Statutory Requirements and Recommendations. These are always available to view at any time and can be found in our cloakroom area.
Our day to day practice includes many procedures to guarantee we do everything possible to make Slippers a secure and safe place to be. We have listed a few below, however, we hope you feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding this matter.
- Parental contracts require comprehensive information on the child regarding parental responsibility, medical conditions or allergies, details of other adults permitted to collect and passwords to be used.
- Daily registers require parent/carer signatures and times of arrival/departure. These also record the duty staff of that day.
- Collection of all children from the main school building by uniformed, qualified staff.
- Staff trained to a high level in Safeguarding and Special Educational Needs. This enables us to recognise early signs of neglect or abuse and follow our set procedures to keep children safe.
- Actively listening to all children and taking their concerns seriously.
- Working closely with parents/carers and children to draw up Care Plans to target any additional needs they may have which promotes safety for all children.
- A security system that only allows entry to Slippers by a member of staff. Parents/visitors must ring the bell and wait to be allowed entry.
- A visitors book and passes to identify them on the premises